Project name: EBSp
Last updated: 09/11/2002
Created on: 07/11/2002
Project powered by:
Project hosted by:
The purpose of the Experimental Boundary Scan project (EBSp)
is to provide completely open and flexible software support for commercially
available JTAG/IEEE 1149.1 boundary scan master (BSM) controllers. BSM
controllers are used to provide JTAG test bus control capability in various
hardware platforms. The EBSp aims to provide adequate software support, which
will facilitate the integration of these devices into platforms running under
the Linux operating system and x86 architecture.
Currently the EBSp provides a Linux device driver for the Texas Instruments
SN74ACT8990 BSM. Higher level software tools such as a hardware independent
Serial Vector Format (SVF) parser with plug-in modules and Graphical User
Interfaces (GUIs) are also available.
The software implementation of BSM controller, which
will drive test bus through the parallel port, and SVF extensions for
the IEEE 1149.4 standard are planed in future.
- EBS-act8990 manual done [October, 10 , 2002]
- SVF plug-in module for the SN74ACT8990 controller done
[September, 09, 2002]
- SVF interpreter done [September, 05, 2002]
- device driver version 0.7.0 done [May, 14, 2002]
- 09.11. 2002 final Web page established
- 15.09. 2002 SVF parser, librarys and driver passed testing
- 14.09. 2002 preliminary Web page established
- 09.09. 2002 EBSp approved by the SourceForge
- first install EBS-act8990 device driver for the SN74ACT8990
- then install generic EBS project library
- install EBS-svf parser
- install EBS-libact8990 SVF plug-in module for SN74ACT8990
Feel free to send us comments, suggestions and bug reports.